500 Days of Summer (July 17)
The movie stars one of my favorite actresses Zooey Dechanel. She's done great in every movie I've seen her in. Plus the movie focuses on music, which is another one of my favorite things. The film looks very indie, comedic, and there is romance. Looks like a good combination for a movie. It's not going to be the classic romance movie we see over and over again. Real life gets thrown into the mix. The boy tells his friends and family about when and how he fell in love with this girl. Also I like the fact that it's documented by days. I don't know if that will translate to the film but I hope it will because it adds a fun quailty we don't see very often in movies.
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (July 17)
I mean what can I say about this movie. I think every Harry Potter fan is excited to see this. I'm still angery that they pushed it back. It was supposed to be released last November. Oh well. Anyway, the sixth is possibly my favorite book (it changes from time to time so I never really know). I am a little confused how this movie got a PG rating though. It looks really scary and violent, the book is. I'm going to see this the first opprotunity I can.
Nine (November 25)
This movie has an all-star cast. I love Nicole Kidman and am excited she is singing again in a movie. Movie musicals are one of my favorite things. I know there will probably be some discontent with some of the people who have actually seen the musical on broadway...there are always those people. I'm excited for the music because I know even if I don't like the movie I'm going to love the music. I've been listening to the clip that Fergie sings in the trailer of "Be Italian" she sounds amazing. I am a little worried about Fergie's role in the film because of the focus on sexuality and I don't find Fergie attractive in anyway. From the trailer she looks a little scarey compared to the other beauties in the film. I think I'm be able to get over the fact because her singing looks very promising.
Veronika Decides To Die (November)
Seeing the trailer again makes me want to pick up the book by Paulo Coelho and start reading it (it's sitting right next to my labtop). I haven't read it yet but the instant I saw the trailer I wanted to read the book. I'm one of those people who sees a movie, finds out it's a book, and reads the book before the movie comes out. I would start reading it right now but I'm in the middle of rereading Coelho's "The Alchemist." It's one of my favorite books and I wanted to read it again to get me in the mood of the author. Anyways, this looks so good. Paulo Coehlho's book seem to have the theme of living your life to the fullest and that always puts me in a good mood. This movie is finding that motive to live your life to the fullest. Looks amazing and inspirational.
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (Unknown)
The media may have fooled you but the Dark Knight was not the last movie Heath Ledger. He was in the middle of filming this movie when he died and to finish the film they added three actors to replace him Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and Colin Farrell. Confusing? Well it has to do with the his character going through three mirrors or one mirror three different time (I don't remember). Anyway, it has an awesome title. I think that was the second reason I wanted to see it after I found out it was the last movie Heath Ledger was going to be in. The plot sounds really interesting focusing on imagination (which is my life) and the story about making a deal with the devil. The devil, who is played by Tom Waits, is another reason why this film is going to be awesome. I didn't know who he was when I first decided I wanted to see this movie way back about this same time last year but I met someone who loves Tom Waits and he got me addicted. He's an amazing singer and I think his role in the film will be fantastic.
I hope now, that you're at least a little excited to see one of these movies or more excited. I'm excited I want other to be excited too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment