1. Merrimack River – This song includes Mike Viola and starts out the album with a great song that encompasses what the rest of the album is going to sound like. A very folksy sound fits perfectly with Mandy’s voice and makes the song such an enjoyable listen. “Don’t say you’re not amazed when I know you are.” Well I’m going to say it, this song amazed me and you know it.
2. Fern Dell – This is my favorite track off the album and possibly my favorite Mandy song ever. The music to this song is amazing. I especially love the “ha ha, ha ha, ha ha,” that works as both the accompaniment and her vocal. The combinations of instruments and vocal make this song very catchy.
3. I Could Break Your Heart Any Day Of The Week – This is her first single off the album and is one of the couple more popish songs. It reminds me of her older stuff, which is still really enjoyable but I prefer her singing the more folksy songs. The song is catchy and upbeat, something you can find yourself singing along to.
4. Pocket Philosopher- This is another song that I love to sing along to. It is a very playful song that is fun to listen to. The song also has a hook with counting which is a fad in the music industry at the moment. Got to love songs with counting.
5. Songs About Home – This song has some of the same aspects of Fern Dell that I love so much but this song is much slower. It’s a soothing instrumental background and has a very calming tune. Amazing.
6. Everblue – Ah, this is nice slow ballad type song that has a vibe of a lullaby. It’s a very simple sound that is calming. Mike Viola appears in this song as well. His voice blends perfectly with Mandy’s. It’s such a nice love song.
7. Merrimack River (Reprise) – An slight variation of the instrumental for Merrimack River that has a circus sound, something you could possibly hear on a merry-go-round.
8. Love To Love Me Back – This song is my least favorite on the album. It might be how the song focuses on her higher range. There is just something about this song that doesn’t grab at my heart like all the other. I feel like this song stays on the same dynamic the entire song and I like to feel a progress in a song. However, the song reminds me of summer and the more I listen to it the more I like it.
9. Indian Summer – I love the piano part in this song that dominates the accompaniment of the song. I’m also really digging the lyrics to the this song. “Why don’t you tell me what you know, cause I don’t know where to go.”
10. Nothing Everything – This is song has a very different accompaniment than all the other song on the album and caught me by surprise. It’s easy to groove along with this song. I like the lyrics to this song too. It’s really a unique track and a treat. Plus I love the guy talking and laughing very quietly at the very end.
11. Bug – The melody to this song is amazing. This is probably my second favorite song on the album. It’s a great love song with an acoustic vibe. There really are no words to explain why I love this song. It’s a song I can put on repeat and listen to all day.
Overall I think this is Mandy’s best album. The album is amazing and I can listen to the entire album without skipping any songs. I think ever since Mandy got dropped by her record label she’s been producing her best work. If you’re a fan of Mandy’s voice I think you’ll really like this album and I also think this could bring her new fans. We saw a glimpse of this kind of music on Wild Hope but she really showcases it here with Amanda Leigh.
Fern Dell
No comments:
Post a Comment